Saturday, March 23, 2013

Marinated Beef Flank Steak

Whenever I see people eating a large chunk of beef on TV I really feel to taste the way they do. I have had beef many time but cooked in typical spicy Indian style. Except the Tunday Kabab, I did not feel the exquisiteness.

So I was looking for few thing to try together; good quality beef, a good recipe and an oven to bake it. Finally I could manage all of them and a big thanks to Khokan Molla for helping me to find the best beef around.

Since I got the Oven in my Kitchen, I have been planning to make some nice beef steak and taste it. It was on a holiday and my friends Shatanik and Moloy helped me too. I missed few ingredients and recalled them while preparing the beef. Without their help it would be possible to make the thing right, they brought me those ingredients in time and most importantly I could not enjoy the dish without them. Thanks guys! :)

Here is how I did it...

Ingredients

1 pound beef flank (boneless piece from lower abdomen) sliced into ½" thick pieces.

For Manination

1½ tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp white wine viniger
2 tbsp honey
4 tsp soya sauce
1 tbsp dark rum
5 gms of Rosemary (fresh or dried if fresh not available)
black pepper and salt for seasoning

Method

Mix all the marination ingredients and blend well. Soak the beef slices well in marination and refrigerate for 8 hours.

Pre-heat the oven at 175oC. Place the meat and bake at the same temparature for about 20 mins. Turn the sides in between for once and the juicy steak is ready to serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
  • an affair of flavours... © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes